Everyone knows that acid is really harmful to the skin and not a recommended solution for cleaning. Then, a question arises “Can we clean with acid?” Yes, to remove the toughest stains from your home tile floor, using acid safely is a good choice.
How do you acid wash tiles or how to clean tiles with acid are some doubts that are going in your mind? So, learn here the best and safe tips to clean tiles with acid.
Safety Tips On How To Clean Tiles With Acid
- First, open the doors and windows of the room in which you will clean the dirty tiles.
- Then, wear a proper mask, hand gloves, and goggles.
- Take a container filled with baking soda and place it openly in the room. The odor of baking soda will neutralize the smell of acid.
- Mix 1 cup ammonia into 1-gallon water in one bucket. Add 1½ gallon of water to another plastic bucket.
- Now, mix acid into the water bucket as per the manufacturer’s instructions. Mainly, ½ cup acid is diluted into ½ gallon water.
Note: Make sure to mix acid into water. Don’t add water into acid, else it will react to your skin and may cause harm to it.
- Wear gloves and use a rag to clean tiles with an acid mixture. Also, work in small areas of the tiles, so that the acid is not allowed to stay on it for more than 10 seconds.
- Wash the area with water immediately, once the stains are removed.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the whole floor area gets cleaned.
Still, Getting Fear To Use Acid For Tile Cleaning? Hire Best Professionals!
You feel the need for tile cleaning with acid only when there are hardest stains that do not remove from any other cleaners. Also, there are many tile and grout cleaning Faqs that are going on in your mind. However, instead of taking risks, hire top-notch professional tile cleaning services like LCS Janitorial Services located in San Diego.