You are here because you have decided to deep clean the house thoroughly but are confused about where to start. Well, this article will help you enlist all chores for cleaning into a perfect deep house cleaning checklist. This checklist will help you clean every corner of your home in an organized way.
Simple And Effective Deep House Cleaning Checklist
⇒ Clean Your Bathrooms
- Dust every corner of your bathroom, including the vents, and walls.
- Clean and scrub your grout, as cleaning can elevate the overall appearance of the bathroom.
- Vacuum your floors properly.
- Disinfect and clean the door knobs and other hard surfaces.
- Clean the shower curtain, and if it is machine washable, then go for it.
- Clean the drains properly.
- Don’t forget to clean showerheads and try to remove shower odors.
- Clean your mirrors and windows thoroughly.
- Deep-clean your toilet seats, hinges, flush, and other surfaces.
⇒ Clean Your Kid’s Playroom
- Vacuum your kid’s playroom thoroughly, even the hidden areas under furniture.
- Clean their beds, small tables, chairs, and other stuff deeply.
- Disinfect their toys and other items like pen stands, bookshelves, etc.
- Donate items that are no longer in use.
- Declutter their books and toys.
⇒ Clean Your Pet Items
- Vacuum the pet bed thoroughly.
- You can use a dry mop to remove pet hair and dander.
- Mop the areas where your pets usually sit and eat, and don’t forget to clean their litter box.
- Clean and disinfect their toys.
- You can definitely use DIY tricks to remove pet odors.
- You just need to sprinkle some baking soda on their beds, toys, and other items, let it sit for a few hours, and then vacuum it off later.
⇒ Clean Your Garage And Exterior
- Sweep your deck and patios thoroughly.
- Clean your outdoor furniture pillows.
- Clean up oil spills from your garage, as they can make all the cleaned areas oily again.
- Clean and declutter other materials in your garage.
- Cut the unwanted grass.
- Dump the fallen leaves, twigs, and branches.
- Also, don’t forget to clean your vehicles.
⇒ Clean Your Living Rooms
- Dust each and every item of your living room thoroughly including fans, framed, bookshelves, etc.
- Clean the windows and doors completely.
- Vacuum and mop the floor thoroughly.
- Vacuum chairs, couches, and every nook and cranny of your living room.
- Wash the pillow covers and sofa covers thoroughly as per the instructions given on the label.
- Clean your carpets and rugs using steam cleaning or just sprinkle some baking soda, let it sit for a few hours, and vacuum it up.
- If your carpet is too dusty and filthy then hire professionals for carpet cleaning services.
- Disinfect doorknobs and items that are touched several times a day.
- Declutter the shelves, drawers, and other items.
⇒ Clean Your Bedroom
- Wash bedsheets and pillow covers thoroughly.
- Dust each corner of your bedroom, including the ceiling fans, walls, beds, bookshelves, and other items.
- Clean your curtains as per the instructions on the label.
- Wash the windows completely.
- Vacuum and mop the hardwood floor to remove the accumulation of dirt and dust.
- Wash all your clothes and organize your cupboards and drawers.
- Clean your carpets and rugs deeply.
⇒ Clean Your Kitchen
- Clean your ovens, microwaves, and stoves.
- Clean up the door and handle of the microwave.
- Clean your coffee maker, toaster, drawers, and shelves.
- Don’t forget to vacuum the vents, as they are the most important.
- Wash the walls and clean your refrigerator.
- Disinfect the countertops, handles, sink, and other highly touched items.
- Dump the expired food cans and other edible items.
- Vacuum and mop the floors.
- Wash the windows, wipe the walls, and clean up your trash bin thoroughly.
Deep cleaning your house at least once a year is crucial to maintaining its sanity and appearance. Deeply clean your house room by room because it will be easier for you to clean your house completely and deeply.
If your house has become too dirty and dusty that it cannot be cleaned without professional help then you must hire professionals for house cleaning services and leave that work to them.
In the above-mentioned article, we have discussed a deep house cleaning checklist effectively which will make your cleaning easy and efficient.