Most people use rugs to complement their carpets and for just aesthetic purposes but many forget to have regular rug cleaning. You could probably have rugs all over your house be it in the living room, bedroom or bathroom. Just like carpets, rugs beautify the house and they also prevent you from getting into contact with the cold floor.
Due to their numerous benefits, you ought to keep them clean. A dirty rug is not only a disgrace but a potential cause of illness because bacteria can accumulate in the rug. If you are not in the habit of cleaning them yourself then you should try hiring a professional. This is especially advised as it will keep them in good shape for a long time to come.
Methods of cleaning
Most rugs are made from similar fabrics as carpets and therefore they need thorough cleaning. There are several methods which can be used and they include the following:
- Steam cleaning: This is a popular method that uses very hot water under pressure to clean rugs and carpets.
- Bonnet “dry” cleaning: This is a method which utilizes cleaning agent mixed with carbonated water.
- Dry Cleaning: This method does not utilize water during the cleaning process. Rather, an absorbent material is used to absorb dust and other particles.
Benefits of maintaining clean rugs
There are many benefits of ensuring that your rugs are kept clean at all times and they include the followings:-
- A clean rug is attractive as compared to one that is dirty. Thus, a clean rug definitely adds beauty to your house or office.
- By cleaning your rugs you are protecting your family from health conditions caused by various air pollutants such as bacteria and molds.
- Rugs accumulate dust which can cause or aggravate respiratory diseases such as asthma, snoring or allergies which can be avoided by thorough cleaning.
- Regular cleaning of rugs helps in the elimination of insects and termites which hide under rugs.
Regular cleaning by a professional cleaning company will prolong the life of your rugs and keep the guarantee of the manufacturer of your rugs in place.