The carpets in your home stink badly because of everyday spills and stains on it. If you do not clean the dirty and stained carpet, then imagine how your room smells? It will cover the room with the foul smell of the carpets. Even after cleaning if the moisture of the carpet is not dried, then it can create mold inside it. This mold formation creates an unflattering smell in your carpet.
If you use the wrong chemicals, and methods for cleaning then odor removal from the carpet will become more difficult. Learn the 3 best ways of removing odor from the carpet in this blog.
3 Best Ways of Odor Removal From Carpet
1. Baking Soda Method
Baking soda is always well-known for the best cleaning agent. You can even use it in the odor removal process also.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the carpet area and then brush this area with the help of a broom.
- Allow these baking soda powder to stay overnight on the carpet area. (2 days is more preferable time) Cover the area with a sheet or blanket and tape the edges of this carpet area if needed.
- After 1-2 days, remove the top layer of powder with a stiff broom into a dustpan. Then vacuum the whole carpet to clean the baking soda powder settled inside the carpet fibers.
2. Vinegar Method
If the odor removal from carpet doesnít become successful with the baking soda method then go for the vinegar method.
- Take white vinegar and water in equal quantity. Now mix both of them in a spray bottle. Shake it well. Then spray this solution on the carpet area.
- Let this solution stay on the carpet area for 15 minutes. The acidic nature of vinegar can kill all the odor-causing bacteria present inside the carpet fibers.
- Clean the solution with a paper cloth or towel. Then rinse the carpet area with clean water. Press the area with a clean cloth to remove remaining water. Allow the carpet to dry out completely.
3. Vinegar and Cleaning Solution Method
The above 2 methods work fine for the general carpet odor removal of food spills and stains. If your carpet has soaked the liquid stains inside the fibers and carpet padding then deep odor removal is needed.
- Mix vinegar with a cleaning solution like rubbing alcohol or a carpet shampoo in a spray bottle. (Test the cleaning solution before its use)
- Spray the solution on the carpet and then allow it for 15 minutes to settle on the carpet area.
- After 15-20 minutes, soak the liquid from the carpet with the help of a clean towel. Keep the carpet under a fan to dry the area quickly.
Looking For Top-notch Carpet Odor Removal Service?
To get a professional carpet odor removal services in San Diego, LCS Janitorial Cleaning is the ultimate choice. Our experts have years of experience in carpet cleaning by using various tools and technologies. To schedule your appointment, call us at 619-488-7434. Follow on our social page at Facebook to know the latest tips for odor removal from carpet.